2021 Textile Discovery Summit
Preliminary List of Topics and Speakers
PROTECTIVE TEXTILES SESSION
• Insect Resistant Fabrics Having a Combination of Controlled Release Plant Based Insect Repellents and Synthetic - Dr. Kiarash Arangdad, Elevate Textiles
• Reusable Personal Protective Textiles with Daylight-Induced Antibacterial and Antiviral Functions - Gang Sun, University of California
• Antiviral Treatment for Face Masks - What are the Benefits? - Darrell Burnette, Sanitized (USA) Inc.
CIRCULAR TEXTILES SESSION
• Exploration of the Feasibility of Hops as a Textile Material - Margaret Zee, University of Idaho
• Biodegradable Synthetics to Reduce Fugitive Fiber Pollution - Andrea Ferris, Intrinsic Advanced Materials
• New Challenges and Opportunities for Reusable Medical Textiles - Frank Keohan, Bolger & O'Hearn Inc.
PERFORMANCE TEXTILES SESSION
• Evaluation of Cold Weather Multi-Layer Clothing Systems on Moisture Management and Thermal Comfort - Bella Latham, North Carolina State University
• Cotton/Graphene Fabric as a Performance Textile for Thermal Regulation - Renuka Dhandapani, Cotton Incorporated
• Measuring Lint and Pet Hair Attraction to Fabrics due to Static Electricity - Victor Kholodkov, Ascend Performance Materials
• Wearable Products Inclusive of Disability - Grace Jun, Open Style Lab
• Design and Development of a Smart Bra for the Early Detection of Breast Cancer - Md Nakib Ul Hasan, Louisiana State University
• Carbon Nanotube Smart Textiles for Wearable Articular Thermotherapy - Md. Milon Hossain, North Carolina State University
COLOR, LIGHTING, AND FASHION SESSION
• Three-Dimensional Simulation Technology for the Fashion Industry - Shahida Afrin, North Carolina State University
• Software as the Critical Enabler of a Hybrid (Digital and Analogue) Supply Chain for Printed Textiles and Apparel - Nick Langford - AVA CAD/CAM Group Ltd
• A Brief History of Color - Elisabeth Berry Drago, Science History Institute
By attending this meeting, you give the Association consent to use any photos, videos, or images of you or your likeness in any Association media or materials.
Week of Celebration
November 15-18, 2021